The following projects illustrate examples of Keville Enterprises’ experience in the Aviation market.
Reagan National (DCA) and Dulles (IAD) Airports Construction Management Support Services
Client: Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority (MWAA)
Location: Northern, VA
Services: Construction Management Services
Completion Date: 2021
- Keville Enterprises Inc. is providing construction management services in connection with the CMSS services contract for construction management services associated with capital improvements at Reagan National (DCA) and Dulles (IAD) airports. Current tasks include:
- DCA Runway 4-22, taxiways and ramps project – The project consists of milling, pavement demolition; bituminous concrete overlay; and isolated sections of partial depth and full depth pavement repairs. The work also includes detailed observation of earthwork, excavation, embankment, sub-grade, undercutting for sub-grade stabilization, aggregate sub-base, storm drainage, airfield lighting, paving and material testing
- Secure National Hall this project includes the construction of two new security screening checkpoints (SSCPs) over the arrivals level roadway at the National Hall Level; conversion of National Hall to a post-security secure area; and other related improvements.
- New North Concourse (NNC) Package 2B – Apron and Utilities – This project provides the necessary enabling projects to support plane movements and storage for the construction of the NNC building. Including replacing 14 off-gate regional aircraft hardstand positions with 14 regional aircraft contact gates.
- Hold Bay #4 – The work includes removal of existing pavements and structures and construction of a new hold bay for aircraft deicing and parking, taxi lane, vehicular service road, glycol collection system, domestic water lines, vertical blast fence, fencing, area lighting, relocation of existing storage tanks, and new parking areas for glycol and fuel service vehicles.
Panama City – Bay County New Airport Construction
Client: Panama City Airport Authority
Location: Panama City, Florida
Services: Cost Estimating, Document Control and Construction Management/Inspection Support
Completion Date: 2010
The Panama City – Bay County, FL Airport Project was conceived as a project to expand business opportunities in the Florida panhandle. The Panama City – Bay County, FL Airport project sits on a 4,000 acre site. It is a launching pad for an ambitious long-range master plan for a 74,000 acre development in northwest Florida. The project broke ground in late 2007 with the clearing of 1,330 acres. The new airport is adjacent to 41,000 acres that are set aside “forever” as undevelopable wetlands.
The project included a $58M, 125,000-square-foot, seven-gate terminal building and support facilities, which included a control tower, a cargo and maintenance building, a two-story public-safety building and a utility building. The new, 500 foot long terminal serves as one of four TSA test-bed sites for new security technology. Researchers with the Panama City branch of the Naval Surface Warfare Center installed components of advanced perimeter security measures at the new terminal. TSA officials evaluated and tested the technology to determine future deployment.
Keville Enterprises performed services as a sub consultant to the Program Management team, providing document control and inspection services, including but not limited to daily inspection and reporting on project progress and quality assurance on HVAC and chilled water and site electrical system installations. In addition, Keville Enterprises assisted the Program Manager with the review of change order requests and provided cost estimating services for change order negotiations.